Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Open Rehearsal at the NY Philharmonic

I love the New York Philharmonic, especially when they are performing Beethoven. But because I do not enjoy being out late, I am limited to their matinees. A couple of weeks ago, however, I decided to attend a rehearsal for the first time. 9:45am on a Thursday morning. I loved it!

I was surprised by how many people were there, and how enthusiastic they were. I heard lots of Wows! and saw various people nodding at each other with big smiles. There was no shushing of others, no permitted "cough breaks," no sleeping elderly folks in their black tie wear. Very casual, enjoyable and the music was fantastic.

I highly recommend trying out an open rehearsal, if you like the Philharmonic. You can find their schedule here. Let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment