Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cowgirls/cowboys and baby apparel

My second week with Lilla Rogers' MATS B course focused on the baby apparel market. I've printed on many onesies for my Etsy shop over the years, but I know very little about creating a pattern, or the popular market, so I was looking forward to this one.

The assignment was to create a cowgirl/cowboy-themed print for a onesie and/or baby dress. I thought it was a super cute theme, and I messed around with a few cowgirl and silly horse characters, but I just couldn't get into it. I then tried some collage forms and chunky "yee-haws!," but it just wasn't coming together for me. So I decided to simplify, and I began gesture sketching horses running and galloping. And though it didn't turn out very baby-ish, I really enjoyed drawing for this.

Below is my final submission, followed by a couple of other sketches.
Your comments are always welcome!





















No comments:

Post a Comment