Sunday, September 7, 2014

Jewels and Gems: my final assignment for Make It In Design's summer school

Thursday afternoon was the deadline for my third and final beginner's assignment for Make It In Design's free summer school course. The pattern focus was jewels and gems.

Aside from my wedding ring, I am a jewelry-less person and I just wasn't sure how I was going to get inspired. So I bought toned papers and white pencils, and I drew lots and lots of geometric shapes and sparkly bursts. As I continued to look around at gowns and haute couture, though, I realized that I was drawn to more chunky (and sort of klunky) gems. And I felt collage was a better way for me to go.

Navy is my favorite color, so I paired that with a silvery-white gem collage and submitted this design below. Some of my other ideas and runners-up follow.

I'd love to know what you think, and which one you like best?







No comments:

Post a Comment