Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A quick watercolor sketch of Grandpa Iver

For an assignment I am currently working on, I have been thinking about who I'd like to have my morning cup of coffee with. Anyone. Who would I want to talk to, ask some questions, smile at, look around, pour another cup...?  My beloved grandfather Iver, whom I've never met and only have heard about, came to mind.

As I looked at old pictures of him today, I decided to sketch him. He was an eel farmer, a restauranteur, and a furniture maker (amongst many other things). He loved classical music, as I do. He was a tall and notoriously kind and patient man. He left such an impression on my mother that I named my son, Archer, after him (in Swedish, Iver = the bowman, the archer). Here's my quick watercolor of him. I love him so!







No comments:

Post a Comment