Thursday, March 6, 2014

Textures and more bird sketches

I'm working on a project that now requires more background colors and textures, so I spent time yesterday creating watercolor paintings with different shades of blues, greens, and oranges to add to my library.

After I scanned these texture paintings in, I pulled out my white and graphite transfer paper and sketched on the still-damp paper. The wetness of the paper and the smudginess of the transfer paper give my drawings a dream-like quality, and I generally love the results.

On the cropped out sections below, I added some saturation in Photoshop to boost the background texture further...











































How I will incorporate this particular background, I'm not sure yet. I am hoping for further instruction while I sleep tonight.

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment