Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Impromptu puppet show

It's been an exhilarating few weeks! I've been hired to illustrate two children's books, I've had my first storefront sign design go up, I've signed up for a new art course and I just submitted a comp for a mural contest.

Wonderfully, I've also been able to start some new art projects with my son. While working to develop one of my new book characters, I decided to try some cathartic shape-cutting out of construction paper. As my husband read bedtime stories to Archer, I sat at the end of the bed quickly clipping away anything I could think of. Within a few minutes, Archer sat up, unexpectedly intrigued. He began asking questions, and making requests, and soon I was putting on a puppet show! He was so delighted, as was I.

Our horse with saddle below is one of many puppets we made:

No comments:

Post a Comment