Thursday, February 21, 2013

Elephants and Birds on Spoonflower

A couple of weeks ago, I created my own designer account on Spoonflower.com. I know very little about textiles, but I thought this would be a great way to start thinking about prints and patterns. After uploading some of my sketches and cutouts, I was required to buy small samples of my collection, so I can check color and the overall layout.

I received my samples yesterday, and I am extremely pleased with the printing results. The colors are very accurate and the images are much crisper than I'd expected. I think I will change some of the patterns a bit and start adding some background colors, but it's pretty exciting to see my designs printed so beautifully on cotton. Nice work, Spoonflower!

If you have any input on how to make a better pattern, sizes, background color, please feel free to comment. 







2 comments: